- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less depending on your taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (more will be listed below)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (could use plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 bag of charred Mexican flavored corn (I found in frozen section), for topping
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Chips of your choice
In a small bowl combine the chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt.
Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add corn, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the spice mix, and season with more salt and pepper. Cook until corn is softened, 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Mix in cream cheese until melted and creamy. Stir in sour cream. Cook until heated through. If you want the dip thinner add some milk.
In a separate skillet melt the 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix in 3 teaspoons of the spice mix, plus a pinch of chili flakes and salt. Cook one minute then remove from heat.
Mix the mayo and lime juice with a pinch of salt.
Spoon the dip into a wide serving bowl. Top with grilled corn and drizzle the mayo and spicy butter over the corn. Sprinkle on the cheese and cilantro.
Recipe adapted a tad from Half Baked Harvest.