• 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
• 24 slices bread, crusts removed
• 15 sliced fresh strawberries
• Garnish: fresh bail leaves
In the work bowl of a food processor, place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and salt. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Stir in basil by hand.
Spread cream cheese mixture onto half of bread slices. Top with sliced strawberries. Cover with remaining bread slices. Cut into triangles. Cover with a damp paper towel, and stir in a sealed container to keep the bread from drying out. Garnish with basil leaves.
*These are divine and oh-so-pretty! I could eat at least 12 halves! This recipe is from The Southern Lady magazine.