- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- Pasta of your choice (12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves
Heat olive oil in large skillet. Cook Italian sausage and onion until done. Drain grease. Return to skillet. Add garlic and seasonings.
Stir in tomato paste until well combined. Pour in broth, marinara sauce, and dry pasta. Mix to combine and bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
Pour in the cream and warm. Add Parmesan and basil.