- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 soup can cold water or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- Chicken pieces of your choice (if using white meat, tenderize them)
- Paprika for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the rice, 3 soups, water/broth, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 casserole. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle top with paprika. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open during baking.
*This is a recipe of my great grandmother, Johnye Mae Ratcliff.