- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (coated in 1 tablespoon flour)
- Powdered sugar for dusting cake pan and for garnish
Melt your butter first so it can cool. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the rack a little above the center.
Spray a springform pan (or 9” cake pan) with cooking spray and dust with powdered sugar.
Toss chocolate chips in flour. Set aside.
In a small bowl whisk the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, ricotta, and vanilla. Fold in the dry ingredients. Stir in butter and the chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into the prepared pan and top with additional mini chocolate chips. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes before releasing from the pan.