- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups brisket, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- For serving: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese
In a large soup pot over medium heat sauté bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon but reserve drippings. Add butter, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté until onions are transparent. Add garlic and cook one more minute.
Add brisket and all seasonings. Cook 3 minutes on low allowing seasonings to set in.
Add beer and deglaze the pot. Cook 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce and green chiles. Let simmer 30 minutes. The longer it can cook the better.
Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped cooked bacon.