- 4 large baked potatoes
- 1 pound boiled shrimp, peeled (divide these in half as you’ll want some for topping)
- 1/2 pound cooked crawfish tail meat (reserve other 1/2 pound for sauce)
- 16 ounces Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Tony’s Cajun seasoning
Whiskey Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 2 cups sherry cooking wine
- 1 cup shrimp stock (can use chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound cooked crawfish tail meat
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced for garnish
Bake potatoes. Let cool while making sauce.
Make the sauce: In saucepan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic, and green onions. Sauté lightly for 2 minutes and add whiskey. Stir constantly.
Add sherry cooking wine, shrimp stock. Reduce by half.
Add heavy cream and continue cooking. When the sauce is a smooth consistency, stir in remaining butter and mix well.
Add remaining crawfish tail meat and cook another 2 minutes. The sauce should have the consistency of Alfredo sauce. If the sauce is too thick thin it out with a little chicken broth. If the sauce is too runny add more cream.
Hull out insides of potatoes and drop in a stand mixer. Reserve the skins. Finely dice shrimp. To the mixing bowl add the shrimp, crawfish tails, cheese, butter, and Tony’s. Mix until combined in stand mixer. Fill the potato hulls with the mixture.
Top potatoes with the sauce. Top with remaining shrimp and green onions.