- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 flour tortillas, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese
In large skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth and cream. Continue stirring until smooth and thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
Add salt, chili powder, oregano, sour cream, and green chiles to the skillet. Stir. Add chicken. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir sour cream into the sauce. Add tortillas. Stir until combined. Top with grated cheese. Cover and let cheese melt.
*Recipe adapted from Gabby Monday with The Branded Range.