- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Buns for serving
- Your favorite BBQ sauce for serving.
Combine tomatoes and their juices, vinegar, honey, paprika, soy sauce, Dijon, red pepper flakes in a slow cooker. Add chicken and season well with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low for 5 hours.
Taste and add more S&P if needed. Shred chicken. Spoon onto buns and serve with BBQ sauce.
Recipe from The Washington Post.