- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound fresh peeled large shrimp
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 pound dry white beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Soak beans overnight. Drain.
In a large Dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring until crispy. Remove from pot.
In a large bowl toss together the shrimp, garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Increase heat to medium-high and add shrimp to pot. Cook 3 minutes until pink. Remove from pot.
In the same pot add 1/4 cup butter. Add green onion, cooking until soft. Stir in beans, broth, and remaining salt. Increase heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until beans are tender but not falling apart, about 30-45 minutes.
Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Return bacon and shrimp to the pot. Heat on low for 5 minutes.
*Recipe adapted from Louisiana Cookin’.