- 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed and cooked
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Diced jalapeños
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup green beans (I did not use)
- Two packages ramen noodles with seasoning packets discarded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Fresh basil or cilantro to garnish
In a bowl , combine the shrimp and sweet chili sauce. Toss to combine. Sprinkle on cilantro.
In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add bell pepper, jalapeño, and onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic. Then cream. Then broth. Cook until the mixture is close to boiling, about 5 minutes.
Add green beans if using. Add ramen noodles. Stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and let the soup simmer until the noodles begin to get tender, 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and add lime juice. Then soy sauce and sriracha.
Add cilantro and basil. Serve into bowls and top with sauce shrimp. Garnish with basil and cilantro.
*Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman.