- 16 ounce package precooked chicken fajita meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup sliced jalapenos, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups frozen white corn
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cojita cheese
- For serving: bacon crumbles, tortilla strips, sliced avocado
In a large soup pot heat olive oil and butter. Add onion and jalapeno. Cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic, oregano, chili powder and stir.
Add broth, chicken, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Add sour cream, cheese, corn, cilantro and lime juice.
In a small Tupperware bowl shake the cornstarch and water together with the lid on. Pour into soup.
Simmer 10 minutes. Serve topped with cojita, bacon, tortilla strips, more jalapenos and sliced avocado.