• 3/4 cup sesame or peanut oil
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
• 1-3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
• 8 ounces pasta of your choice
• 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh green onions, for garnish
In a medium skillet, combine the sesame oil, garlic, green onions, and bay leaf. Cook over medium heat until the garlic turns golden and crisps, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds and ginger. Cook 1 minute.
Pour oil into large bowl. Add chili flakes, paprika, cayenne, and season with salt.
Cook noodles according to package directions. During the last 3 minutes of cooking add the bell peppers to the water. Save 1/4 cup water, then drain. Toss the hot noodles, soy sauce and all of the herbs with the chili oil. Add water to thin to reach desired consistency.
Serve noodles with additional chili oil and green onions.
Adapted a little from Half-Baked Harvest.