- 1/3 recipe of Potato Rolls dough (you can definitely use crescent rolls to cheat)
- 1/2 stick butter
- Green onions
- Crawfish tails
- Cream cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/2 package Velveeta Shreds
- 1 - 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
- Tony’s (Cajun seasoning) to taste
- For brushing: 1 egg and 1/2 stick melted butter
- For sprinkling: garlic salt
- Garnish: Parmesan colored in Mardi Gras colors with food coloring
I used 1/3 of the Potato Rolls (page 125 of The Copper Whisk Cookbook) recipe to make this. Roll dough out into oval and cut the center out. Let sit while you make the filling.
Melt butter in large skillet. Add green onions and crawfish tails. Cook 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Tony’s while cooking. Add cream cheese and mix well to combine. Add remaining cheese and soup. Mix to combine.
Spread on dough evenly. Wrap dough from outside to Inside tucking dough under completely. Melt butter and mix with egg. Baste outside completely. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
Bake in 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until roll dough / crescent roll dough is done.
Let cool and decorate with colored Parmesan.