• 1/2 cup butter, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
• 1 pound crawfish tails
• Cajun seasoning
• 1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped from white tips to end
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 3/4 cup whipping cream
• 1/2 cup white cooking wine
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cayenne
• 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 3 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
• Fritos for serving
In 1/2 stick of butter cook the crawfish tails. Sprinkle liberally with Tony’s (Cajun seasoning) while cooking. In a separate pan, sauté the green onions in butter. Add flour, whipping cream, wine, salt, cayenne, Tabasco, and garlic powder. Cook all on high 2-3 minutes. Add cheese and crawfish tails. Stir well. Serve with Fritos.
Sometimes I up the amount of whipping cream and white wine depending on the consistency. There is no hard measuring with this recipe. Make it what you like!