- 1 box chocolate fudge cake, baked in a 9x13 pan according to package directions
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- One small package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- Chocolate chips for topping
Make the cake. As soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon.
In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk until blended. Pour in the milk and combine.
Slowly pour over the cake, letting the mixture seep in the holes and the edges. Let cake cool.
Make the frosting: in a medium bowl combine the pudding mix, cocoa, powder, and milk. Whisk vigorously until very thick. Add Cool Whip. Spread over cooled cake. Top with chocolate chips.
*Adapted from The Pioneer Woman.