• 1 package chicken breast tenderloins
• Salt & pepper
• 1 1/2 cups Caesar dressing, divided
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 8 ounces pasta of your choice
• 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
• 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup croutons
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
• Optional add-ins: bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado, cucumbers
Place the chicken tenderloins on a cutting board and pound with a meat tenderizer on both sides. Cut into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in ziploc bag. Pour 1/4 cup of dressing into the bag and massage around. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Boil pasta until done. Drain and cool. Place in large bowl and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over. Stir.
Sear the chicken. In a skillet, heat the butter and remaining olive oil. Add entire contents of ziploc bag with chicken and marinade into the skillet. Sear on both sides until the chicken browns. Remove to a plate.
Assemble the salad: Add the pasta to an extra-large bowl. Add 1/4 cup Caesar dressing and toss to coat evenly. Add the chicken and another 1/4 cup of dressing. Toss to coat. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, croutons, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and remaining 1/4 cup of dressing. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to a clean serving bowl. You can serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 hours before serving.
*Adapted from The Cozy Cook.