- 2 pounds cooked brisket, chopped
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup Italian cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook macaroni. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Spread brisket evenly in pan. Pour BBQ sauce over.
In Dutch oven melt butter. Add flour and stir with wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Whisk in half and half, evaporated milk. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add 2 cups white sharp cheddar, all of the Monterey Jack cheese and all of the Italian cheese. Stir until smooth. Add seasonings. Add macaroni. Spoon over brisket. Top with remaining white cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes.
*This one is just absolute heaven. I make this for a large group, and if there are leftovers, our friends are arguing over who gets to take them home!