- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind (optional)
- 8 ounces dry lasagna noodles broken into bite size pieces (or any noodles of your choice)
- For serving: sharp cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, torn fresh basil leaves
Place the ground beef and Italian sausage in slow cooker and break up and mix together. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Add broth, marinara sauce, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan rind if using. Stir well to combine.
Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours. Stir in noodles. Cover, set to low, and cook until noodles are tender, about 25 minutes.
Remove the Parmesan rind. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with sharp cheddar, ricotta, and basil.