- 3 New York strips (or 1 1/2 pounds stew meat)
- Steak seasoning
- Fresh or frozen onion, diced
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- Quartered red potatoes (or omit and serve with mashed potatoes)
- Minced garlic to your liking
- 3/4 stick butter, cut into pats
Place stew meat in the bottom of your slow cooker. Season liberally with steak seasoning. Sprinkle onion over meat followed by the dry soup mix. Pour beef broth over. Top with potatoes and garlic. Spread butter pats evenly over the potatoes. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
*When we made this the first time I used small red potatoes. I think it would be better without the potatoes but served over mashed potatoes.