- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup white cooking wine
- 3 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce (I used the garlic & herb seasoned ones)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 small handful fresh herbs (I used basil)
- 20 ounce package cheese ravioli
In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is shimmering add your peeled shrimp tails. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute on each side until pink. Remove shrimp to a plate.
Add remaining butter and olive oil. Sprinkle in onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent on medium-low heat.
While onion is cooking, cook ravioli according to package directions.
Add wine and deglaze skillet. Scrape the skillet with a wooden spoon to loosen any stuck bits. Cook for 3 minutes on medium-low until the wine is reduced by half. Add tomato sauce and turn heat up to medium.
Add cream and season with more pepper. Stir until the sauce becomes pink.
Chop shrimp into bite size pieces and add to sauce. Add fresh herbs. When sauce comes to a low boil add cooked ravioli. Gently toss.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman.