- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (hot sauce)
Cook chicken: melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Toss well to coat evenly. Cook on all sides until no longer pink and is lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, 30 seconds only as to not overcook. Deglaze the skillet with the chicken broth, scraping the brown bits from the skillet. Stir in lemon juice, hot sauce, and cook for another minute. Remove from heat.
Add chicken back to the skillet and toss well, coating the chicken fully in sauce.
*Recipe adapted from Craving Home Cooked. I served this with mashed potatoes and green beans.