- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 stick butter
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups raw shrimp
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 2 cups cooked yellow rice
- 1 1/2 hamburger buns, toasted and torn to pieces
- 5-6 dash Tabasco
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
Mix soups together in large skillet (or wok) on low. In another skillet melt butter and sauté celery, onion, red bell pepper, green onion, garlic and parsley together.
After veggies are soft add them to the soups in the wok. Add shrimp and Cajun seasoning to taste. Stir while shrimp cook. They will turn pink when they are ready.
Fold in cooked rice. Crumble in toasted buns. Add Tabasco. Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish. You may bake now or refrigerate to bake later.
If you bake now, sprinkle with the Italian bread crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*Adapted from Cajun Catch Seafood Market & Deli in Gonzales, LA