- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can Rotel, fully drained
- 1 can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 can cream of poblano (or cream of chicken)
- 10 stand & stuff taco shells
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Toppings: jalapeños, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, shredded lettuceDirections
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add onion and cook until wilted. Stir in chicken, taco seasoning, drained Rotel, green chiles and cream of poblano soup. Stir well. Reduce to simmer and cook 5-8 minutes.
Place taco shells in baking dish standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on the sides. Bake 5 minutes to crisp. Remove from oven. Spoon chicken mixture in each one almost to the top of each shell. Sprinkle each taco generously with cheese. Bake 7-10 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
Remove from oven and top with your favorite taco toppings.
*Recipe adapted from The Cookie Rookie.